In this post, we reveal the Top 5 Caribbean Mule Recipes anywhere on the internet. Read on to learn how to make this awesome variation on the classic Moscow Mule!
At times, one desires something new and exciting that complements the old. So, in comes the Caribbean Mule!
While you are probably familiar with the Moscow Mule, the Caribbean Mule is a variation that might just become your new favorite. The Caribbean Mule is a popular Mule that substitutes vodka for rum. An avid rum-drinker will no doubt love this version of the traditional Moscow Mule. And the best part is that it can easily be made from scratch without leaving your home.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the easy-to-make, yet absolutely irresistible recipes for the Caribbean Mule. We’ll explore how the cocktails tastes, how it ought to be served, the different ways it can be made, and the different recipes. So, let’s get started!
History of the Caribbean Mule
Although there’s plenty to love about the original Moscow Mule, variety is undeniably the spice of life. Thus, there is good reason to have a collection of recipes for your cocktails. With only a cabinet full of liquor from different parts of the world and a few basic ingredients, exploring with the Mule drink is like going on an adventure from the comfort of your home bar.
Because the original Mule was named to pay homage to where vodka came from, Russia, its variations have followed the same idea. The Caribbean Mule takes the spirit of the enchanting blue waters of the Caribbean islands, combined with conventional ginger beer.
With the Caribbean Mule, you can choose to use spiced rum, white rum, pineapple-flavored rum, or even coconut rum. The sweetness of the drink is livened up by the ginger flavors.
Caribbean Mule Ingredients
The ingredients in this variation are:
- Rum – To achieve the best flavor, choose a premium quality rum.
- Lime juice – Fresh lime juice balances out the sweetness and adds a tangy flavor.
- Simple syrup – This can be made at home and is comprised of water, granulated sugar and, if you want to add a greater ginger kick, fresh slices of ginger.
- Ginger beer – Choose a high-quality beer for the best results.
- Ice – Use small crushed ice for heightened sensation and guaranteed chilling while drinking.
Which Rum Should You Use for your Caribbean Mule?
Spiced rum brings a comforting, warm feel that’s perfect during fall. When paired with ginger beer, the result is an extra sweetness and spice perfect for those cozy, cold nights or for entertaining your guests. Even when it comes to mixed drinks, you should always ensure you buy quality spiced rum. Preferably, use one with a medium to heavy texture. The flavors of the rum come out and help even out the ginger beer and simple syrup.
You can also choose to use Red Leg rum. Red Leg spiced rum comes from the makers of Blavod, a premium vodka. The name is inspired by the red legged hermit crab that is indigenous to the coral reefs found in the Caribbean. The rum is infused with vanilla and ginger and then rested in oak casks to marry all the spicy flavors.
Top 5 Caribbean Mule Recipes
The Easy Caribbean Mule Cocktail
This is one simple yet classy drink that is sure to impress any cocktail aficionado.
- 4 oz spiced rum
- 2 small pieces of fresh ginger
- 4 oz ginger beer
- ¼ oz homemade ginger simple syrup
- ¼ oz lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Muddle the fresh ginger.
- In a cocktail mixer, add the simple syrup, spiced rum, and lime juice and shake well.
- Strain, then add ginger beer to create that absolutely delicious spicy cocktail.
Pirate Inspired Caribbean Mule
This cocktail will transport you to the ocean blue waters of the dreamy Caribbean from wherever you are in the world.
- 4 oz ginger beer
- ½ oz white rum
- ½ oz gold rum
- 1 oz coconut rum
- Pineapple wedge
- Mix all the rums.
- Add ginger beer, then stir gently.
- Serve in a classic copper mule mug over ice and garnish with the pineapple wedge.
The Kranks’ Caribbean Mule
This easy-to-make Caribbean style cocktail is one tasty treat. It draws its inspiration from a holiday favorite, ‘Christmas with the Kranks.’ In the movie, a couple whose kids are all grown up and have left home go merry-making on a Caribbean holiday cruise. This particular cocktail uses cranberry syrup, which gives the drink a distinctive twist.
- 4 fresh cranberries chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 12 oz ginger beer
- 4 oz rum
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 slices lime
- Ice as needed
- Put the water, sugar, and chopped cranberries in a saucepan and cook over very low heat.
- Stir frequently until the cranberries are completely soft.
- Use a fine-mesh sieve to strain the mixture. Press the pulp gently to extract the liquid.
- Let the syrup cool for about 20 minutes at room temperature. Cover the syrup and put it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before use.
- Pour ½ oz of lime juice and 1 tablespoon of the cooled syrup into two Collins glasses or copper mugs.
- Add ice, then pour rum and ginger beer in equal amounts and stir using a cocktail stirrer.
- Garnish with cranberries, a lime wheel, and rosemary sprig.
Bright Caribbean Cocktail
This low-carb cocktail is bright enough to make you forget a chilly and dull day outside your window. It’s also perfect for weekend entertaining. Besides, you get to enjoy all the goodness of a low-carb drink which lets you indulge while also helping you in the weight management department!
- 1 1/8-inch slice of fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of pineapple coconut water enhancer
- 4 oz sugar-free ginger beer
- 1 oz pineapple rum
- 1 oz coconut rum
- Frozen cranberries
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 2 oz club soda
- 4 oz rum
- Muddle the ginger in the bottom of your cocktail mixer.
- Fill with ice.
- Add all the rum, water enhancer, and lime juice. Shake well.
- Put the mixture in a glass and add the club soda and ginger beer
- Garnish using the frozen cranberries and serve immediately.
The result is a sparkly cocktail that is ideal for weekend sipping. If you prefer your drinks a little sweeter and a bit heavier, then add more ginger beer.
Ginger Peach Fizz
The dark rum used has a flavor that perfectly complements the peaches in this utterly amazing cocktail.
- 1 ½ oz dark rum
- 4 oz ginger beer
- ¾ oz simple syrup
- ¾ oz lime juice
- 2 slices of peach
- Mint sprig
- Muddle peach slices in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice, lime juice, rum, and simple syrup, then shake.
- Strain mixture in a highball glass and top with ice.
- Fill the glass with ginger beer and stir.
- Use the mint sprig to garnish.
Which One Should You Use: Ginger Beer or Ginger Ale?
Although it’s possible to use ginger ale instead of ginger beer in your Caribbean Mule cocktails, you won’t achieve the depth of ginger flavor, which is what makes ginger beer such a great mixer. Ginger beer is actually fermented and has a sharper, more pronounced ginger flavor and almost .05 percent alcohol. Besides, it’s less carbonated compared to ginger ale.
Making Homemade Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is a mixture of sugar and water that’s dissolved and then cooled. The ideal ratio should be 1:1.
To make a ginger simple syrup, you should mix a few fresh slices of ginger with water and sugar and put it in a small saucepan. Then, place it over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Should You Make Your Own Simple Syrup or Use A Store-Bought One?
Even if you're a novice, making your own homemade spiced Caribbean Mule with your own simple syrup is very easy. The advantage of making your own is you can control the sweetness and flavor when cooking. For instance, adding extra ginger will give your drink more punch. On the other hand, if you need a faster drink, then store-bought simple syrup is your best bet. However, it will not have as much ginger flavor.
Does the idea of rum and ginger beer sound fascinating? Rather than just following a specific recipe, take a tall glass and fill it with ice to the brim. Next, pour a shot of rum or two. Add ginger beer to the ice and rum until you find the balance that perfectly suits your palate.
It’s Always a Good Time
With these delicious and refreshing recipes, you can rest assured that these cocktails will excite any palate. The drinks are meant to be sweet but not overly sweet, and the alcohol contents, although generously poured, can still be subtle depending on what you like.
Cocktails are more than simply drinks. They make friends out of strangers and bring people together. So, sit back, relax, and have a good time with any of these amazing recipes.
Did You Enjoy This Article?
Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this article, you might also like the following articles: Top 7 Jamaican Mule Recipes and Top 7 Pineapple Mule Recipes
Leave a comment