In this post, we reveal the 7 best Pineapple Mule recipes anywhere on the internet. Read on to become an expert at making this awesome cocktail!
Moscow Mules traditionally contain vodka, ginger beer, lime juice, and mint. In a twist on the original Mule, the Pineapple Mule is an ice-cold cocktail that keeps everything in the original and then adds pineapple–delivering a punch of extra flavour and refreshment.
Pineapples are on the list of the most popular tropical fruits, and for good reason. They're versatile to use, delicious, and also healthy. Pineapple can be eaten raw, made into jams, juices, and much more. Here, pineapple is used to give the classic Moscow Mule an invigorating taste. With a Pineapple Mule, the only thing left to do is put your feet up and chill.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the history of the Pineapple Mule, its essential ingredients, how to make the perfect Pineapple Mule, entertainment tips, and the variations of the drink. Now, without further ado, let’s get started.
History of the Pineapple Mule
The classic Moscow Mule has enjoyed enduring popularity. Over the years, it has given rise to a number of variations, such as the Pineapple Mule that originates from the mid-Pacific. Mixologists love using pineapples because their syrupy sweetness adds a tropical flavor to drinks.
Essentials for Amazing Pineapple Mules
Warmer weather is finally here, and wouldn’t we all wish it stays a tad longer? The best part is, you can enjoy it while it lasts with this absolutely incredible and utterly delicious concoction. A Pineapple Mule is one sublime drink that you can easily make any time, and here are its essential ingredients:
Ginger beer is what gives a Pineapple Mule its spiciness and fizzy texture, making your drink quite flavorful. It’s also way better than ginger ale, which is carbonated water that's flavored with ginger. Ginger has fresh aromatics and bold flavors that make this concoction irresistible.
Vodka does more than just add a bold and smooth taste to a Pineapple Mule; when chilled before serving, it cools down your drink especially when combined with ice in a copper mug. This ensures an ice-cold, refreshing beverage every time. Whichever vodka you fancy, you really can’t go wrong.
Freshly squeezed lime juice has a mild flavor that effectively complements the other components of the cocktail. The overall result enhances the yummy flavors of the Mule.
Pineapple is slightly exotic and simply screams summer. The fruit perfectly balances acidity and sweetness, which makes it quite refreshing.
How to Make the Perfect Pineapple Mule
- To ensure that you have the perfect Pineapple Mule, do not skimp on the ice. Fill your glass with ice to about ½ an inch of the top.
- When it comes to choosing glasses, you have a number to select from. You can get copper mugs, which are synonymous with Mules. Alternatively, you can use a highball glass or any nice cocktail glass.
- Always remember to smack your mint leaves between your palms. This helps to bruise the leaves, which releases their aromas and oils. The mild scent of mint is all part of the experience of this Mule.
Pineapple Mule Recipes
There’s a variety of ways you can create Pineapple Mule cocktails. These tropical drinks are a vibrant spin on the original, and they're perfect for backyard barbecues and hot summer days. We’ll take a look at six variations, but first, let’s start with the Classic Pineapple Mule cocktail.
Classic Pineapple Mule Cocktail
Pineapples and Mules go together like peanut butter and jelly in this exciting variation of the classic Moscow Mule. Enliven your gatherings and parties with this unexpected treat.
- 3 oz pineapple juice
- 1 ½ oz vodka
- 6 oz ginger beer chilled
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- Fill your cocktail glass with ice. Then, smack one mint leaf between your palms to release the aroma before laying it on the ice.
- Next, pour in the vodka, pineapple juice, and lastly ginger beer.
- Using a stirrer or spoon, stir to combine.
- Smack the other mint leaf and rub it gently over the rim of your glass before using it to garnish. Enjoy your cocktail.
Jalapeno Pineapple Mule
This delicious libation will become one of your new favorites. Its extra ingredient, jalapeno, adds a spicy kick to the cocktail.
- 4 oz ginger beer
- 2 oz fresh pineapple juice
- 2 oz pineapple vodka
- ½ lime
- 1 slice of jalapeno
- Crushed ice
- Squeeze out the lime juice.
- Top up your highball glass with crushed ice.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the glass.
- Stir gently and serve.
Pineapple Coconut Mule
Entertaining a couple of guests? The drinks department will be sorted with this easy to make yet utterly delicious cocktail.
The natural flavors from the fresh cilantro make this drink truly refreshing. Not forgetting that cilantro comes packed with nutritional benefits. It’s a source of dietary fiber, zinc, iron, calcium, thiamin, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin A, among others.
- 3 cups ginger beer
- 3 cups pineapple coconut juice
- 2 cups vodka
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime
- Add the large pieces of pineapple and fresh cilantro in a large pitcher.
- Pour in the vodka and stir well to combine.
- Add the pineapple-coconut juice and ginger, then stir.
- Squeeze juice from half a lime and add into the pitcher, then stir again.
- Place ice in copper mugs and pour the cocktail.
- Add a few pineapple chunks and garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy.
Roasted Pineapple Mule Cocktail
Want to go all out? This cocktail is absolute perfection. The Roasted Pineapple Mule cocktail uses gold rum instead of vodka. It’s sweet, and has notes of molasses and a hint of sugar cane. You can roast the pineapple with some raw sugar and lime, and caramelize the sugar to add a smoky flavor to the drink.
For the roasted pineapple:
- Raw sugar
- 1 ripe pineapple (small)
- 1 fresh lime
For the cocktail:
- 3oz ginger beer
- 2 oz gold rum
- 1 oz lime juice
- 2 tbsp diced roasted pineapple
- 4 chopped mint leaves
To roast the pineapple:
- Peel and slice the pineapple into ½ inch wedges. If not quite ripe, remove the core, but, if very ripe, leave the core.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put the pineapples on a baking sheet and squeeze juice from half a lime on top of them.
- Add the raw sugar. Roast the pineapples for 15 minutes, then flip them over, sprinkle more sugar, and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Once done to your liking, remove the pineapples and let them cool.
- Put 3 tablespoons of diced roasted pineapple in a copper mug.
- Muddle the chopped mint and place it in the mug. Add ice and top up with lime juice and gold rum.
- Stir well to combine, then top with ginger beer
- Garnish with a roasted pineapple wedge, pineapple leaf, and mint sprig. Serve.
Orange Pineapple Mule
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 fresh lime
- 1/3 cup of orange juice
- 1/3 cup of pineapple juice
- 2 oz ginger beer
- Fresh mint
- Pineapple wedges
- Fill your highball glass with ice
- Add the orange juice, pineapple juice, and vodka, then stir for a few seconds.
- Top off using ginger beer
- Garnish with fresh mint and the pineapple wedges. Serve.
Dunmore Pineapple Mule
You don't have to limit yourself to vodka. In this recipe, pineapple vodka is used instead of plain vodka, and whiskey is added. The result is a clean, crisp cocktail that absolutely hits the spot.
For homemade pineapple vodka, steep a couple of pineapple slices in vodka, then cover in a jar for seven days. Strain the vodka to make sure no pineapples remain. This will leave you with a pineapple-infused vodka.
- 1 oz pineapple vodka
- 1 oz whiskey
- 1/2 oz almond-based cocktail syrup
- 3 oz ginger beer
- 1 fresh lime
- Put all the ingredients into a copper mug and mix well
- Squeeze half a lime into the mug then stir to combine
- Garnish with pineapple fronds. Drink up.
Piña Colada Mule
Take your Pineapple Mule to the next level by using ginger beer instead of coconut milk in the piña colada.
- 8 oz pineapple juice
- 4 oz coconut rum
- 1 fresh lime
- 3 oz ginger beer
- Pineapple wedge
- Maraschino cherry
- Add the pineapple juice, rum, and squeezed lime juice in your copper mug then fill it with ice.
- Stir to combine.
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with a pineapple wedge, lime slice, and Maraschino cherry. Enjoy.
Have an assortment of alcohol as well as ginger beer, limes, and pineapples at hand. That way, you'll be able to mix up a Pineapple Mule at a moment's notice. As long as you have these ingredients, you can always whip up exceptionally delicious drinks when your friends or family show up. That will make those random visits all the more fun and entertaining.
Cocktails are so much fun to make. And this is one area where you can really let your creativity run. These amazing drinks aren’t supposed to be complicated. They're actually meant to be easy to make, simple, and delicious. The above recipes are some of the easiest to make, and you only need a handful of ingredients.
Spice up your summer and holidays with the Pineapple Mule. It will make your festivities stand out and add an instant conversation piece to your backyard barbecue socializing. And, even after the summer festivities are over, you can still use the Pineapple Mule for your dinner parties and get-togethers. Whatever the occasion, these top Pineapple Mule recipes will no doubt provide that perfect finishing touch.