In this post, we reveal the top 4 Peach Mule Recipes. After reading this post, you'll know 4 new, sweet ways to beat the heat! Let's dive in!
Peach mules are pretty much the most refreshing cocktail you can make for a sweltering summer. Whether served poolside while the kids splash around, as a refreshing beverage beside grilled steaks during a family barbecue, or maybe even just to accompany the sunset while you relax on the porch--Peach Mules are a great and easy way to have fun in the summer.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- What are the health benefits of peaches?
- What exactly is a Peach Mule?
- What are the other variations of Peach Mules and how can I make them?
What are the Health Benefits of Peaches?
Health benefits and cocktail recipes don’t usually go hand-in-hand, but one simply cannot discuss recipes that call for peaches and not mention that the stone fruit is a great source of vitamins that the body needs.
Peaches Improve the Immune System and Give the Skin a Natural Glow
Cynthia Sass, MPH, RD writes, “One medium peach supplies over 15% of the daily goal for vitamin C. Several types of immune cells need this nutrient for their production, function and protection.” She also goes on to say that peaches are also a good source of vitamin A. In addition, beta carotene can protect the skin from sun damage and give it a warmer skin tone. Vitamin C is also related to collagen building and skin elasticity.
Peaches can Reduce Cancer Risk
The same vitamin C in peaches is also an antioxidant, according to Megan Ware, RDN, LD.
“This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that can help prevent the formation of free radicals, which are compounds that have links to cancer development. As a result, adequate vitamin C intake may help reduce their risk of cancer,” says Ware.
Peaches are Good for Cardio and Bone Health, Too
The fuzzy fruit is also a great source of potassium, iron and fluoride, according to Karen Ensle Ed. D., RDN, FAND, CFCS.
“Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that help regulate heart rate and blood pressure. Fluoride is a component of bones and teeth and is essential for prevention of dental caries. Iron is required for red blood cell formation,” writes Ensle.
This is all great news for anyone who likes to enjoy peach-flavored cocktails. Who knew that one Peach Mule a day could keep the doctor away?
Now, there are about 14,000,605 Peach Mule recipes--everyone and their mom has their own variety of this delightful copper mug cocktail--but we've managed to narrow it down to four of the absolute tastiest versions. You can choose to pick your favorite among these or perhaps even create your own signature Peach Mule style. So whip out the copper mugs and make sure you've got ice on hand. These are the 4 best Peach Mule recipes.
Please note that most of these recipes call for copper mugs because--well, of course.
What is a Peach Mule? The Basic Peach Mule Recipe
Time to learn (and drink) the basics! This is a great recipe for a Peach Mule that pretty much everyone can agree on. The basic Peach Mule is a cold drink with equal parts sweet and spicy with a lemony aftertaste. The vodka taste is in there, too, but it's swirled in a perfect balance with the peach’s juices. This recipe should take about 5 minutes, which makes it a great cocktail to serve surprise guests. Here's what you'll need to make four servings:
- 16 ounces of ginger beer
- 4 ounces of vodka
- 1 peach, washed, skin on, cut into quarters
- Crushed ice
- Place one quarter peach in each copper mug. Use a muddler to squeeze out any oils and juices right in there. This is the base of most Peach Mule recipes. You can leave the peach skin in the mug although there's absolutely nothing wrong with using tweezers to pick out the skin, give it a good squeeze into the mug, and discard.
- Pour in the vodka equally for each mug. Stir.
- Add the crushed ice into the mugs, leaving just enough room for the final ingredient.
- Pour in the ginger beer. Give each mug a quick stir.
Serve, drink, and enjoy.
Note: If you find that this recipe is still a bit strong on the vodka taste, you can replace the vodka with peach schnapps.
Variation 1: The Elevated Peach Mule
Sometimes basic just isn't enough. If you've got a little extra time on your hands before the festivities, this recipe offers a wonderful cinnamon-infused syrup that adds a little extra spice to this bombshell of a cocktail. Note that the syrup can and should be prepared well in advance of whatever gathering calls for a few mugs of the Peach mule.
How to Make the Syrup
Here's what you'll need to make eight servings:
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup water
- Pour in water and sugar into a saucepan, bring the mixture to a boil then turn off the heat.
- Add the cinnamon stick in pieces and cover the pan for anywhere between 30 minutes and three hours. I prefer to wait the whole three hours as this allows the cinnamon to become more pronounced in the mixture.
- Pour contents into a strainer to remove any possible stubborn pieces of cinnamon. Transfer this syrup into a container and refrigerate.
Mixing the Cocktail
Once it's time to start making the drinks themselves, you'll be glad you had that cinnamon-infused syrup ready to go in the fridge. Note also that the recipe here does not follow the same measurements relative to the Basic Peach Mule recipe above. This is because the cinnamon-infused syrup needs to be balanced out with the extra peach helping. The recipe also calls for lime juice, as its acidity is a great pairing with the natural sweetness of the peach puree. Now here's what you'll need for the rest of this elevated Peach Mule. Measurements here are per serving:
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-infused syrup.
- 1/2 of a fresh peach
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- 1 and 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- Ice (ice cubes or crushed ice can work here)
- 1 thin slice of lime (optional)
- 2 thin peach slices (optional)
- In a copper mug (or any cocktail glass), pour in the cinnamon-infused syrup.
- Puree the peach half in a blender. This puree is expected to be a little thinner than the muddled peaches in the previous recipe. Pour puree into the copper mug.
- Pour in the vodka and the lime juice giving the entire mixture a quick stir.
- Top off the concoction with ginger beer and ice. Give it one more stir for good luck.
- Garnish with lime and peach slices (optional)
Tip: I've found that while lime juice is really a throwback to the Moscow Mule roots of this recipe, lemon juice works as an even BETTER acidic counterpoint to the peach and cinnamon taste. Replace lime juice with lemon juice in this recipe and see which you like better.
Variation 2: Frozen Peach Bourbon Mule
Now while traditional versions of the Peach Mule use vodka, bourbon as a substitute works great to add a slight whisper of sweetness to the drink. This recipe is a very creative take on an already creative drink. The best part is that it's super easy to make--probably the easiest among all the recipes here. These are the ingredients you'll need to make one serving:
- 1 1/2 ounces of bourbon
- 1 1/2 peaches
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 3 ounces of ginger beer
- Crushed ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Start the machine at the lowest setting, and gradually increase until the consistency of the liquid is smooth.
- Pour into a copper mug and enjoy.
What you'll get is a delightful Peach Mule with an almost slushie-like consistency, and a bourbon kick to boot!
Variation 3: Peach Mint Moscow Mule
This is a simple but delightful twist on the Peach Mule. This version is sweet with a round floral taste, completed by a refreshing splash of ginger and mint--this cocktail is sure to cool you down even during the most unforgiving heatwaves. Now, while it might be tempting to muddle the mint in the mug along with the peaches, a better way to release the flavor of mint leaves would be to smash the stem of the leaf in your palm with your thumb and then clap both hands together.
Let's get started! Here are the ingredients for one serving.
- 1 1/2 ounces of peach vodka
- 1/2 cup of ginger beer
- 1-2 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 peach, sliced and peeled
- 1/2 ounce of fresh lime or lemon juice
- Muddle the peach slices in the copper mug.
- Pour in peach vodka and lemon juice. Stir quickly.
- Pour in ginger beer.
- Place the clapped mint leaves in the mug and stir.
- Serve with ice.
These are the four best and varied recipes of the Peach Mule. Try out each one and tell us which you like best! And please know that there’s absolutely nothing stopping you from trying out your own Peach Mule concoctions! A banana-Peach Mule combination, perhaps even peaches and apples, or strawberries, or blueberries—the list goes on! Try your own combinations and tell us all about it in the comments below.
Did You Enjoy This Article?
Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this article, you might also like the following articles: Best Blackberry Moscow Mule Recipes and Top Watermelon Mule Recipe
Leave a comment